Well, this question frequently comes from many people who just start a website recently. Everyone wants to get ranks in the search for their desire keywords and try to increase the website traffic. The point is very simple & everyone needs search for the options & opportunities on it, but the matter is you have to rethink how it works really. What metrics are considered for website ranking on search engines specially Google.
Overnight SEO & fast optimized website get negative impact on SEO for many mistakes & factors. I have listed the issues which you need to consider seriously before you start getting rank for your website. Check our SEO Packages & get small business Affordable seo services
- Keyword Research
- Competitors Analysis
- On-Page Optimizations
- Content Optimizations
- Social Signals
- Main Target & Attention
- Link Strategy
- Testing A/B
- Again Target New Audience.
Keywords Research: In my view this is the foundation for a website. Let me give you a real life example, when you were a kid you or your family helps you to decide what you will be? A doctor? Architecture? IT expert? ceo etc. That’s the goal what you have selected in your earlier life & educated this way to make it true (no matter you win or not, that’s an example). When you think about a website you have to think what it will be & what is your targeted audience? Where they located? What they search to find etc. Let’s say you are a personal fitness trainer in Los Angles, so your target keywords should be related to that term & you can use Google keyword planner for best results.
Competitors Analysis: Now it’s time to analysis your competitors, how they optimized their website? Its design & systems, how they connected with others to increase their link score? How they keep engage their audience? how they write & optimized their contents? How they promote? Social signals etc. This will give a ready analysis & this analysis result will get you ahead without spending months or years to learn them. Try to follow some of their steps which is still important & works for your business website to boost ( don’t copy anything like them, do it in your way & uniquely)
On-Page Optimizations: On-page ranking factors are the aspects of a given web page that influence search engine ranking: title meta-tag, URL, description, content, image alt text, etc. On-page SEO is the steps of optimizing your website in order to increase rank in the Search Engine Results Pages. Typically it’s also indicate as a free ranking often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results.
- Performance: How fast is your website and does it work properly? check Google page speed here.
2. Authority: Does your website have good enough content to link? Domain authority is a metric, developed by SEO, to predict the ability of a website / domain to rank in search engines.
3. User Experience: How does the site look? User experience (UX) focuses on having a deep understanding of users, what they need, “Usability” refers to the ease of access and/or use of a product or website, what they value, their abilities, and also their limitations. Does it look safe?
Content/article/news/information: Content is King this is not just true but you have to create SEO wise. Remember the following checklist:
- High-quality content: Definitely yes! Try to make your content high end as much you can. Research & find the conversion driven keywords before starting to write your content, give attention to the user understanding not for the SEO. Make it long so users can get detail overview & concept when they read. Don’t forget to catch the reader’s eye for your business or products with the help of call to action.
- Make it Design:First of all you need to think what you are going to write about, is it funny? Informative? Emotional? Trustworthy? Drama or anything just make sure that your designs reflect on those sequence. Please don’t take it very seriously, I don’t mean a web design! What I mean some images, content design etc on your website page.
3. Create Error Free Content: This is strongly recommended that when you write your content make sure it does not have any grammar or spell mistakes ( lol sometimes I do basically, my apologies. But I try my best to share what I am learning & sharing with best writing skills I have)
4. Keyword Usage:As I said you need to write what matters for your users and not try to manipulate the SEO with using excessive keywords on your content, page or website.
Social signals:When Cutts made his statement about Google not factoring in social signals, I understand the concept,( Thanks to Matt Cutts 🙂 ) so social signals impact on your website authority as a results user trust your website, when user trust your website then search engines give that as a value of user interest.
Main Target & Attention: Give attention to your website subject, for example if you have a website which provide plumber services & if you write a content about adventure travel then it is just waste of your time & this will not bring any benefits for your business I guess.
Link Strategy: Typically search engines consider SEO factors many ways such as connection with a page to another & give value on it as their intention, links are the streets between pages. Based on link analysis, the search engines can discover how websites or pages are related to each other and its intention. Try to keep it natural. If you build links to get higher keywords ranking on the search engines then you are wrong, this is consider as a serious spam & search engines may get you penalize for your website specially Google because I respect their algorithms as I am still learning SEO & Keep it mind that Google is not a child. Think again before you bring links for your website, is that page works for Social Sharing? Website Freshness? Link Neighborhood? TrustRank? Anchor Text & Global Popularity.
Test A/B: In my eyes SEO is a science, ranking factors are changing continuously so try different test for your website SEO. For example: what to change in your website content, title, description and images etc to provide signals to search engine so engine can easily understand your website.
Again Target New Audience: Once you see some progress on your website audience & search engine visibility ( don’t except it overnight, give time & afford to develop it) then you can target your business related new audience those you are missing by creating content, landing pages, products or post etc.
I hope my little concept will provide you some ideas how website SEO works & what are the matters? I will try to share again some SEO ideas, tips & updates when I get the chance.